Monday - Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
$18.00 per hour
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs MIG and TIG welding, grinding, sanding, de-burring, drilling and all other tasks associated with welding.
- Holds, positions, and reads tape or rods in layout.
- Places and moves blocking, braces, and jigs to hold parts.
- Hammers wedges and drift pins and turns turnbuckles. Pulls pry bars to align parts.
- Grinds or chips rough edges, surplus weld, or scale.
- Positions and turns clamps, and bolts together butt straps or parts.
- Cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment.
- One year certificate from college, or 3-6 months weld shop experience and/ or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret safety and procedure instructions.
- Capability to pass welder qualification tests in accordance with internal procedures and AWS D1.1 and D1.2