Monday - Friday
4:00 pm - 1:00 am
$15.75 per hour
Tack welding making Centralizers for the Oilfield.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment.
- Implement and maintain preheat and interpass temperatures.
- Read, understand and implement welding process specifications, part drawings and related documentation.
- Maintain accurate record of work completed in work repair routers and welder personal tally book.
- Safely operate additional tools such as grinders, cut-off saws, band saws, flame-cutting and plasma cutting equipment.
- Maintains inventory of welding supplies routinely used in the operation by inspecting stock and requesting order for supplies as needed.
- Familiarity with common welding tools and procedures, including MIG welding TIG welding, metal fabricating, grinding, saw operations and finishing metals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Joins, fabricates and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques
- Interprets blueprints, specifications, diagrams, or schematics to determine appropriate welding process
- Inspects completed welds to determine structural soundness
- Perform regular and basic preventative maintenance checks and tasks
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Maintain orderly and clean work area.
- Selects/ welds the correct components per work order to produce product to specification daily.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Familiar with IDS Quality Systems, Safety and Environmental guidelines, IDS Policies and Procedure
- Knowledge of commonly-used welding techniques, i.e. Tig, Mig
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, operating and maintenance instruction and procedure manual
- Basic math skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, following all safety rules and procedures
- Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.