STAGING MATERIAL HANDLER
STAGING MATERIAL HANDLER (Structural)
Monday – Friday
6:00 am – 4:00 pm
$16.00 per hour
To directly support the Layout department by coordinating raw material job requirements with on-hand product and releasing cut sheets for plate, pipe, tubing, bar, rod, expanded metal, wire mesh and similar products, while maintaining inventory integrity and lot traceability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Review and assign specific material and/or lot based on job cut sheet requirements or select qualified substitute, if necessary.
- Issue job orders.
- Enter material location transfers.
- Using established parameters, adjust inventory for scrap.
- Conduct cycle counts, as required and coordinate resolution of count deviations.
- Use forklift to support Layout inbound and outbound needs, as required
- Assist with material movement, courier packages and other warehouse tasks, as assigned.
- Ensure that material laydown areas are organized, safe and clean.
- Follow the 5S system.
- At least 6 months in an environment providing familiarity with a variety of steel raw materials and inventory tracking methods, a plus.
- Current MRP/ERP experience, preferred.
- Forklift operation, ability to pass an in-house certification and clean driving record, required.
- Microsoft Office software experience, preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Capability to read and interpret documents such as work instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Aptitude to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read a standard tape measure.
- Aptitude to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- High School Diploma and/or GED.
- Related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.